Friday, July 2, 2010

To Write Love on Her Arms

So this is kind of a really personal song... and I don't know exactly how I feel about posting it. It's different, but I really like it. I'm in the process of writing an epic piano part to accompany it at the moment. I just really felt the title was fitting, but I might end up changing it... I probably will.

To Write Love on Her Arms


She's all alone, it's after midnight
Those familiar thoughts come to pay their dues
She's fought them off so many times
But she's tired tonight
She welcomes them with open arms
And says "Hello" to the little white bottle
The little bottle could solve all her problems
She could end it tonight
So she pops a few and says goodbye


Not the white sheets
Not the white pills
Doctor, let me out of this hell
Cuz I'm trying
And I'm fighting
This monster I've created inside myself



Therapy sessions and more medication
The doctors say that she's growing up
Unknown hands encourage with firm pats on the back
But underneath the charts and journals
Her old demons still make their home
Blood-stained wrists and tear-streaked cheeks
She's given up hope
She's falling off of a slippery slope


Not the white sheets
Not the white pills
Doctor, let me out of this hell
Cuz I'm trying
And I'm fighting
This monster I've created inside myself


Let me go
Let me go


Oh you hurt me
You break my heart
When you bleed
You cut me open
And when you cry
It's my tears that fall down


Not the white sheets
Not the white pills
Doctor, let her out of this hell
Cuz she's trying
And she's fighting
This monster she's created inside herself


Throw away those thoughts
And come back to me
You know I'll always be there
Just take my hand
I love you
I love you
Please come home to me

3 comments:

  1. Alora! This is amazing! I can't wait to hear it when it is all done. It seriously almost made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Sorine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to write a song basically exactly like this a few years ago. Mine failed. Yours is what I was trying to achieve. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete