Thursday, July 1, 2010

June!

My first month as a high school graduate has now come to a close. I can't really say that it's that great being a graduate: sure, I guess my mom doesn't care where I go anymore, but I get yelled at every day to find a job. Yes, I still have not gotten a job, and it sucks, hardcore. There have been some fun moments too, and I guess I should update you on how my month went. Not because anyone reads this or really cares about my life, but because I feel like I've just ranted for the past 80 billion posts, and I like to pretend Sorine and I aren't the only ones who read this.



Like I said, June has been pretty uneventful. Of course there was graduation on the fourth, and my slightly disastrous after party. Graduation's pretty big, and i"m glad it's over with, but besides that, I haven't accomplished much. My typical day consists of me waking up around 10:30, eating while watching Make it or Break it online so I could catch up before the new season, cleaning the house, getting dressed, turning in/getting job applications, more T.V. watching, singing at my piano until my family gets annoyed, cooking dinner for my family, maybe going out with friends, reading, and going to bed around one. How awful does that sound? Let me tell you, it is awful. I'm getting desperate for a job not just because I need money, but because I need something productive to do with my life. I really have lost count of how many places I've applied to and called back, and people just aren't hiring. Or they won't hire me till I'm 18. There is nothing more frustrating than getting denied a job when your birthday is only a month away. :/ I'm still trying though. My mom is making me volunteer at the animal shelter and possibly a rehab center (I wanted to do both, she's just giving me a kick in the pants.) in the meantime, so that I don't completely fail at life.



Speaking of the animal shelter, we adopted a dog yesterday. His name is Scooby and he is part pug, part chiuaua. Sounds awful, right? He's actually adorable. He's Dorie's dog, and KC is pretty jealous.



Although I mostly just have no life, I did do some exciting things this month. Karina, Mary, and I attended a meditation at Dancing Crane Imports, and that was an interesting experience. We also frequented Diva's Coffee a few times to hear these guys sing, and I even did a cover of "...Baby One More Time" with them, which was exciting. :D I also had the opportunity to go to the Chalk Art Festival at the Gateway a few weeks ago. As you probably know, I love sidewalk chalk. I really do. The art that people created on the sidewalk was absolutely incredible! I almost was inspired to start being an artist... and then I remembered I only draw stick figures. But it was so cool! Katie, Ariel, and I also got the opportunity to play with chalk while we were there, and we created some pretty rad recreations of ourselves. :) Katie and Ariel will possibly post the pictures on Facebook soon. When this happens, definitely check them out!

This week was probably the most eventful of my life as a graduate. My family decided to vacation in Park City, and it was a very awful trip up there. Sunday we set out, me at the wheel, armed with my learner's permit. (Hahaha I know. Shut up.) Let's just say there was a lot of screaming taking place between my parents and I, and I nearly ran a semi off the road. It ended up being really enjoyable trip while I was there though. We went to the street fair, and I loved that! I didn't stay for the whole trip because I left to go on a roadtrip with Sorine and Katie and a few of our other friends. (Aubree, Becca, Kristy, and Kendra) We went up to Blackfoot, Idaho to stay at Sorine's grandma's house. Now, before you laugh your head off at this road trip, let me tell you that it was the most killer roadtrip that anyone has ever taken! I personally LOVE Sorine's grandma's house! She has this giant, open, yard and a huge canal behind her house with rapids and everything. (Oh! And a rope swing! :D) Her grandparents were so hospitable, making us delicious scones and forcing us all to perform in a "talent show" for them. I have decided that Idaho is the worst place for food, ever! My reasoning being this includes an awful experience in a Winger's where we had to wait an hour for our WATER, never got popcorn (It's WINGER"S, you're supposed to get popcorn!), and receiving my luke-warm pasta after the restaurant closed...and then they charged Sorine and I forty bucks for our food... Also, we went to a Wendy's and one girl was doing everything, so our orders took forever. They didn't give us Frostys in our kids' meals, and everything on the dollar menu was $1.50 or more except fries and a Frosty. Of course, I can't complete a journey anywhere without injuring myself or breaking something. I didn't make it to the water on the rope swing, and fell like 10 feet onto the hard, hard, ground. I couldn't walk very well for a few days after that. But it really was the best roadtrip ever! I could go on with funny stories for ever, but I doubt you'd want to read them all. Hopefully pictures will be available for you soon, and you'll see me so I can tell you all these stories! Sorine, Katie, and I have agreed to start a fund for our roadtrip to California in a few years. Universal Studios (and Jurassic Park Ride :D), here we come!

Last night we went and saw He is We at Kilby Court. Oh my gosh, I have so much to say about this show! It wasn't my favorite, but it's up there in my top. To start off, none of us bothered to get the address or had been there before, so we got a little lost....but we found our way and I instantly fell in love! Seriously, Kilby Court is the best place on earth. :) I want to live there. The opening acts were The Glass Gentlemen and Jessica Basset, both local acts. They were both great! Jessica gave off a vibe like she really didn't care about what she was doing, and that bothered me, because she was really good. But The Glass Gentlemen.... :) They were so great! I don't know how many times I turned to Kaitlin and was like "Oh my gosh! I'm in love with Blue! I know he's so small (and you will see in the pictures of us, I am twice his size), but I love him!" His vocals were impressive and he sang with just so much pure emotion. I was so inspired. We had the opportunity to meet them after the show, and we ended up talking to them for a good 45 minutes. I was thoroughly impressed with how genuine and funny they were.. and they were just as star-struck as us. We ended up getting both of their numbers, having them agree to play a show at my birthday party (blog readers, you are ALL invited!), and having them offer to let me use their recording equipment and offering to audition me for their band. They were so friendly, and please, please blog readers (if there are any) support them. Their album and EP are available for free by following the link on their Myspace. The main act, as I have already stated, was He is We. If you don't know my love for this band, I will tell you: He is We is incredible! I love them SO much! I couldn't see them for most of the set because there were like, four super tall girls right in front of me, but I eventually got a really good spot. I didn't know how their live set was going to turn out, but they impressed me. A lot. :) However, their set was super short... only six songs including an encore. We got to meet them afterwards, and got pictures with all of them. Trevor was off on his own, so we had to get pictures with him separately. He was so funny, and made sure to compliment all of us, which I thought was super cute. He was wearing a white shirt, unbuttoned pirate-style. So during our picture he says to me "I'm really sorry if my boobs are hanging out in this picture... it's just so hot out here." and I was incredibly close to blurting out "That's okay. Maybe I'll just let mine hang out too." but I didn't. Ha ha I was thoroughly impressed.

So that's my June! It wasn't very exciting, but it wasn't that bad. What's in store for July? Well, volunteering like I told you, and hopefully getting a job. I'm going to several concerts this month, and I still need someone to attend Silverstein with me on the 14. If you want to go, hit me up! Also, I'm going to a family reunion where I will finally be reunited with my dearest cousin, Lowery. :) And, of course, I'm having the most amazing birthday party ever! :D I'll keep you all posted. Also, I recently had people comment on some posts. Please keep the comments coming.. I absolutely LOVE them!

Songs of the blog will of course be my recommendations from the show. From He is We I recommend "Pour Me Out", "Our July in the Rain", "Radio", "His Name", and of course, "Happily Ever After". By The Glass Gentlemen, I really recommend you download their albums... I'm listening to them right now. But you should definitely check out "Blue Whales", "Alarms", "Night Sleep Maybe", "Not Enough" (Sorine's Favorite), and "Our Winter Goodbye" (My favorite). Give them all a listen, it'll improve your lives! I love you all, and hope you are having the most amazing summers of your lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment