Okay, so awhile ago, my friend Jonathan and I were downtown and he said something to me along the lines of "Remember those colorful buildings we saw? I want to live somewhere like that, but all of the buildings now are just industrial and gray. Ew." I jokingly told him I was going to use that in a song and call it "Jonathan's Song", but the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea. So, it's not really about my friend Jonathan, I just stole his words. It's more just a representation of those people who haven't lost their innocence and passion and a sense of beauty. Ha ha sorry that I'm trying to sound deep, but hopefully you'll like it. I'm also kind of interested in guitar with this song, so again, if you want to help me with that, I would be eternally grateful. :)
Jonathan's Song
I once met a boy
He was so unconcerned with the world
All he did was dream
He wanted to touch everything beautiful
With his paintbrush and his soul
He didn't say words
He spoke in poetry
He touched my heart
But it's all for nothing
Nothing
Nothing
It's for nothing at all
And he told me
I want to live in a world full of color
But now all the buildings are industrial and grey
There's smokestacks
And chimneys
And barbed wire fences
Right where all the flowers used to be
He said
People
They've lost the taste for melody
They just wanna scream
They want those hardcore dance beats
Complete with their voices touched with auto-tune
They've lost their words
They've lost their poetry
They've lost their heart
It all means nothing
Nothing
Nothing
It means nothing at all
And he told me
I want to live in a world full of color
But now all the buildings are industrial and grey
There's smokestacks
And chimneys
And barbed wire fences
Right where all the flowers used to be
Oh
Take me back
Take me back
Take me back to the time
When artists made art
And lovers made love
Oh
Take me back
Take me back
Take me back to the songs
That revive the old
And inspire the young
And we're screaming
I want to live in a world full of color
But now all the buildings are industrial and grey
There's smokestacks
And chimneys
And barbed wire fences
Right where all the flowers used to be
Inspire me
Ohh
I looooove this one. Like a lot. And if I ever get better at playing guitar before you have someone else create a guitar part for this song, I will SO do it. Just so you know. :D
ReplyDeleteThank you, Emily! I love this one too!
ReplyDeleteAH! :D I LOVE IT! A lot!
ReplyDeleteWow. Alora, you're skilled. That's awesome!
ReplyDelete