So today my friend Sorine and I were hanging out, and we looked through this book of 101 Things To Do Before You Graduate that we have been working on since the beginning of our senior year. We decided it was time for us to determine what we still have left to do in the next four months. Among all of the things we haven't done, one was "Become involved in journalism". Sorine is the editor of her school newspaper, but I on the other hand, have absolutely no interest in getting involved in journalism. So, we decided that I could just start a blog instead. I have absolutely no clue what the point of this blog is going to be yet, so if you're reading this, I would greatly appreciate suggestions. This will definitely be an adventure!
I guess I might as well tell you what else was on the list of things I still have to do before I graduate. Maybe some of you can even help me cross some of them off! :D
Things I Need to do Before Graduation!
Make exercise a habit
Tell a teacher "Thanks, you made me think!"
Welcome mornings
Don't drink soda
Play flashlight tag
Make a hot air balloon and put a message in it.
Go cosmic bowling
Eat ice cream for breakfast (must be done with Sorine)
Temporarily dye my hair
Fill someone's room with balloons
Plant a flower
Conduct a clothing inventory
Go on a blind date with no expectations
Plan a graduation vacation
Take advantage of extra credit
Learn self defense
Walk to class a different way
Reward myself each week
Make a playlist of my senior year
Make an address book
Open a savings account
Stay up all night and talk
Become a filmmaker
Start a blog (x)
Watch Casa Blanca (with Sorine)
Have an all-chocolate day (February 12)
Have a picnic (with Sorine)
Become a secret admirer
Be "all there"
Have a late night snack buffet
Watch the sunrise
Howl at the moon
Make a treasure map (possibly place inside hot air balloon)
Read the entire Book of Mormon
This is quite a long list of things to accomplish in four months, but I want to do it! I think it'll be super fun, and at least I have a lot less than 101 things left to do.
One of the things we crossed off on the list today was "try every flavor of jelly bean and share some". Jelly beans are my absolute favorite candy ever, but Sorine absolutely hates them due to a traumatic childhood experience. We made a trip to WinCo (which we seem to be doing a lot lately) because they have quite an extensive selection of jelly beans, and while we were there the power went out, and it was pretty scary. Luckily we were on our way out when it happened. However, the traffic light was out, so we had to take a detour home, which turned out to be exciting. We saw a guy walking a camel on the side of the road! A camel! It basically made my whole day. When we got home, we had to face the plethora of flavors before us. Some of them were not so bad, and some were delicious. There were some (Dark blue soap, light blue soap, black licorice, light coffee, extra strong coffee, laughing gas banana, window cleaner, and pee) that were absolutely disgusting! We made sure to stock up on those flavors to share with people we don't like (lol)! I am very glad I had Sorine there for support, and I'm pretty sure she is glad she had me for support, or we would've never made it through all of the flavors. I'm so glad we are friends and can do stupid things like eating pee flavored jelly beans together. :)
Also, I am very excited for The Bachelor tonight, it's the top 6! (:D) Maybe I should start a blog about The Bachelor? I have a lot to discuss (like how annoying Aly is! Ugh!)
I guess I should have a song of the blog. I'm listening to my sister's music, and I don't really have a particular song that describes today (unless anyone knows a song about jelly beans). So I'm going to go with "The Horror of Our Love" by LUDO because it's been stuck in my head all day and I haven't listened to it in forever, and it just barely came on, so it must be a sign or something. I'm not going to get started about how great this song is (maybe I should start a music blog?), so I'm going to end this now. I hope that if anyone is reading this it's enjoyable, and any suggestions would be amazing and I will love you forever! Have fun! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment