Friday, February 5, 2010

Pondering the Mysteries of Life

Hello! I have some random (but hopefully insightful) thoughts to share today. Lately, I've noticed that certain things that have happened in my life have become the center of it; controlling my emotions and thoughts, and sometimes making me just plain miserable. Today I noticed a change: I didn't let those thoughts get to me. I've accepted things as the way they are, and you know what? Today was one of the greatest days I've had in awhile. It's not because anything particularly exciting has happened - trust me, it's been a pretty uneventful day. I just let myself concentrate on those things that are important to me: my friends, my family, my music, my faith. I think a lot of times we all lose sight of who we really are and what really matters to us and get hung up on things that are only detrimental to us in the long run. We focus on how our lives are sub-par and what could've been instead of living our lives and making our own "what is"... if that makes sense. Reminscing and daydreaming often interfere with our living and enjoying reality. So, I'm resolving today to put a greater importance on those things that make me truly happy; not just the "me" that people perceive, or the "me" of the week, but the "me" that has been and always will be a part of myself. Things like constantly striving to be a more honest person, a kinder person, a smarter and more thoughtful person. Things like being a good friend, a righteous member of the church, a pleasant member of my family. Things like enjoying the little things in life, playing my piano and singing along, or having an adventure simply for the sake of having an adventure. I sincerely believe that a person can be happy regardless of their circumstance with the right mindset. Life is beautiful and shouldn't be wasted on thoughts of "what if". It shouldn't be spent trying to please others and fill their expectations of what you should be, but should be spent finding yourself and doing those things that sincerely bring you peace and happiness. I think the hardest part of life for most people is simply letting go and moving on. Those people who master this "art" are those who are the happiest and live the fullest lives. I hope to become one of these people someday. So those are my thoughts for the day, even though they sound incredibly like an exerpt from a cheesey self-help book. (ha ha)I hope you enjoyed them! :)

Hmm... I can't really think of a song for this blog (well, I can, but I don't want any of them), so can I just include a whole genre? Well, it's my blog, so I guess I'll do whatever I want! Folk is my "genre of the blog" for today. :) I love how eclectic and just thoughtful Folk can be. I love the peaceful, yet energetic acoustic sound, as well as the obscure instruments that can be used in this genre. Today I fell in love with Jaymay and The Fruitbats again. They're incredible, give them a listen!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment