Sunday, March 7, 2010

Alice and Other Things

Hey! Be prepared for a long blog today, I have a TON on my mind! So first off is Alice in Wonderland. :) I went to see it on Friday night instead of going to prom (and it was a lot better than having to suffer through a dance) with Sorine, Katie, Julia (Sorine's sister), and Kendra (one of Sorine's friends). We decided that we were going to dress up even though we didn't even go to the midnight showing. Sorine and I were Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dee, Katie was Alice, Kendra was the Queen of Hearts, and Julia was the Mad Hatter. It was really funny to see people's reactions, and one kid even asked if we would take a pictures with him! It was like we worked at Disneyland or something! You can view pictures of our costumes as well as some very... interesting pictures of our entire weekend of adventure on Katie's Facebook. As for the movie, I really liked it. The scenery and costuming and character casting were all absolutely incredible! I felt like they did an amazing job at portraying Wonderland, and I now officially want to visit someday. :D The only complaint I have is the same as everyone else, the plot was lacking. I felt like it was more of a Disney movie and less of something Lewis Carrol would have dreamed up. There was, indeed too much action and not enough of the witty dialogue that makes the story of Alice so fun. Also, I just felt like there was too much of a plot. This movie was much too structured and didn't have enough free-spiritedness to be legitimately Alice in Wonderland. The visual aspects of the movie as well as the acting really saved it from being a fail. Nonetheless, I'll still probably go see it again. :) Also, Sorine is currently reading Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass and absolutely loves them. I think I will reenact our childhood and copy her. I think reading will do me good.

Hmm... next up is an experience I had today. I didn't feel like I could make it through church today, so I had my dad take me home after Sacrament Meeting. Except we just sat out in the car and talked for the remaining two hours of church. Even though I've lived with my parents my whole life (duh), I realized today that I've never really taken the time to get to know them. I think today was one of the first days I actually saw my dad as a person and not as someone who's indestructible. I guess that's part of growing up, but I really regret not taking the opportunity to get closer to my parents sooner.

I also want to get it out there that I really really really REALLY want it to be summer already! If you know me well, you know that I hate everything about winter-the cold, the wet nasty snow, the short days. I really want warm weather again. I want to be able to lay out in my grass at night and spend all day at the park and go tanning. I am dying to go to Lagoon, and have barbecue chicken with Kool-Aid, and sleep in all day if I feel like it. I'm so sick of school and the constant stress it brings to my life. Not gonna lie, Sunday nights when I remember I have to wake up and start a new week of school the next day is the worst feeling ever! I have an amazing road trip planned with Sorine and Katie this summer, and I can't wait! (Also, I have to make a playlist of my senior year for the road trip, so any suggestions would be fantastic! :D) Mmm. Is there anywhere where it's eternally summer? If so, I will definitely move there.

Another love of mine that I need to get out there is that I'm absolutely in love with animals! In case you have never met my dog, her name is KC and she is a daschund and she is very old and very fat and very cute. We visited the pet store yesterday and it was adoption day, and I wanted to take all the animals home with me. I'm thinking I'll maybe start volunteering at the Humane Society. First of all, I have nothing better to do with my time at the moment. Second of all, I probably won't be able to have my own pet until I move in with Lowery and we buy our great dane Buford Beauford, which is when we're 24 (or is it 26?) Anyways, I won't be able to have a pet besides KC for a long time, and I won't even live here next year. Haha I'm sure my depression about my pet situation is very interesting to everyone. (NOT)

Gosh, this is really turning into a long blog...and it's probably not very interesting. I'd better stop before it turns into a boring long-winded journal entry or something. So.... The song of the blog is "The Runaway" by Something Corporate (Andrew! :D) This is one of their lesser-known songs. It's off of North, the last album they put out. I just really really love this song, the lyrics are perfect. Like I told someone once, I'm terrible with words, but I'm good with music, so I really love songs that are able to say exactly what I want to say, but can't. Haha it's really getting long-winded now, sorry! I hope you're having a fabulous day! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment