Thursday, September 16, 2010

Sinking Into You

So, after a very long dry spell of failing songwriting attempts, this song sort of magically came to me and clicked; the lyrics, the music, everything. C'est un miracle! It still may be a failed attempt, but who knows? You guys know better than I do if this sucks or not, so tell me! As always, constructive criticism is encouraged. So enjoy. :)

Sinking Into You


It's been a year
But sometimes
I still look back
On everything
And I can't help
But smile to myself
And miss
What we used to be

When we danced
All alone
And we kissed
All alone
Then you left me
All alone
And I'm remembering
All alone

So I wash my hair
And close my eyes
And just try not to
Drown in the tide
Of your ocean
Of your voice
Of your smell
Of your old songs

Do you remember
When you kissed me
By that old tree
In my front yard?
Now the fall leaves
Serve as constant reminders
Of the fact that you're gone

And when we talked
All alone
And when we cried
All alone
Those times I felt
All alone
And how I've missed you
All alone

So I wash my hair
And close my eyes
And just try not to
Drown in the tide
Of your ocean
Of your voice
Of your smell
Of your old songs

I'm floating away
On this pool of reminiscence
I'm drowning beneath
This sea of regret
Even now
I can smell the salt on your skin
I'm sinking deeper
Into you
Into you

So I wash my hair
And close my eyes
And just try not to
Drown in the tide
Of your ocean
Of your voice
Of your smell
Of your old songs

So I wash my hair
And close my eyes
And just try not to
Drown in the tide
Of your ocean
Of your voice
Of your smell
Of your old songs

The end! :D Post your comments below, please and thank you, lovely friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment