Sunday, March 25, 2012

Give It All

Well, it HAS been awhile, huh? Good news! I have a song in progress! :D I'm not quite sure if I like it or hate it yet, but it's kinda grown on me, and it's been so long since I've done anything with my music, I'm unreasonably anxious to post something. Anways, here it is. I hate cliche song titles, but for now, cliche it is.

Give It All
You changed my mind
Love at first sight
Now I believe in life again

I found myself
You showed me someone else
More beautiful than I could ever know

You’re frozen now
She broke you down
You can’t stop living in the past

But here I am
I can lift you up again
If you will just let yourself fall into me

So here’s my whole heart
And here’s my whole soul
All I’ve ever wanted was to be able to love somebody else
And give it all

I can only speak
Make you think
I cannot change your mind

Your future’s dim
Life’s what you make of it
If you'd only open your eyes and see what I see

So here’s my whole heart
And here’s my whole soul
All I’ve ever wanted was to be able to love somebody else
And give it all
So here’s my whole life
And here’s my purpose
All I’ve ever wanted was to be able to treat somebody well
And give it all

The first time that I said that I loved you
I gave it all
If you can open up and let me in
I’ll give it all
So just tell me you want my love and
Take it all
Here’s my heart and soul, my life and my purpose
Just take it all

I gave it all

Suuuuper cheesy, I know. But I promise, the melody/chords compensate a bit for the lack of lyrical flow and general teenage-girliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment