Goodbye
The sun in my face
Pachuca Sunrise in my ear
I can't help but to think of you
But there's snow on the ground
And you've gone away, love
Tell me, did you ever love me at all?
Oh, ohhhh oh
So, I'm saying goodbye for the first time
Flames to dust
And us
But, after all, fires make the prettiest skies
I've said my goodbyes
But I didn't mean them
The unsaid words are screaming in my head
The silence from you
Makes my heart beat so heavy
Please, just say something
Tell me anything, baby
Oh, ohh, oh
So, I'm saying goodbye for the first time
Flames to dust
And us
But, after all, fires make the prettiest skies
The way your hand fit right in mine
The way we just lost track of time
The person I could be with you
Someone who always told the truth
The way we talked about the world
The way that you called me your girl
I always thought we'd never die.....
So, I'm saying goodbye for the first time
Flames to dust
And us
But, after all, fires make the prettiest skies
So, I'm saying goodbye for the first time
Flames to dust
And us
But, after all, fires make the prettiest skies
After all, fires make the prettiest skies
That's all. Definitely not my best work, but I felt like I should post something just to keep myself motivated. Whoever's reading this, thank you so much for your support. I don't know what I would do without my wonderful friends and family telling me that I'm not a total failure at life.
Dang it, I just wrote a great comment and it got deleted! Oh well...I'll just re-say it for you :) These lyrics are AWESOME Alora. And I mean that. You have a way with words that's poetic, and creative, yet real. I love the metaphors of fire that you use. You're so good at painting a picture! I wish I could hear you sing this!! You are definitely not a failure at life ;)
ReplyDeleteI remember this song! Well, the original. You sang it to for me and I thought it was SO pretty! I agree that you are amazing! I can't wait to hear how this one turns out. :)
ReplyDelete