We all know how summer starts out: we're full of high expectations and make lists of stupid, pointless things we want to do in the summer to have "adventures", but mostly we just sit home wondering what to do and never accomplish any of these goals. (i.e. stealing a safety cone) I've decided this is going to be a fantastic summer, a summer of change. So, I'm not making a list of goals which will not help me accomplish anything in life, and that nobody wants to read anyways. I've narrowed my list down to just a few goals, which you still probably don't care to read.
1. Get a job.
This one is self-explanatory: I need something productive to do with my time. I'm a poor highschool graduate going to school in January. I need to start becoming an adult sometime. Plus, my mom nags me about three times a day.... I've been searching and submitting applications and following up, but nobody's hiring.. Stupid economy! Hopefully I will find one soon. If anyone can help me out with this, I'd love you forever!
2. Be loud.
Most of you probably know me as "The loud, tall, blonde girl" so you're wondering to yourselves what the crap kind of goal this is. Well, I will elaborate for you. Yes, I am loud. I can talk for hours at volume levels which are normally not socially acceptable. However, I've always been a very reserved person, constantly trying to be polite, diplomatic, and not offensive to anyone. While I think these are important characteristics, and a core part of who I am, a lot of times I end up not standing up for myself and being a total pushover. I end up not expressing myself how I need to. This summer I'm going to work on saying what's on my mind, I'm going to allow myself to get angry and let it show. I'm going to be more daring with the clothes I wear. I'm not going to restrict myself by getting to know only certain types of people. I'm going to be loud. :)
3. Become a musician.
My excuse for not writing music is always "I don't have time". Well, as of this moment, I have all the time in the world. And I'm inspired. I plan on writing a lot of music this summer, and maybe recording some of it. I also plan on learning to play the guitar. I have wanted to for so long, and now my desire to do so is just too much. I have to learn... well, I need to purchase a guitar first, which means I need money... hence goal one. Also, I plan on expanding my vocal horizons. Not only do I want to become a better singer, I want to experiment with different styles than I'm used to. As part of goal two, I want to roughen up the edges of my voice. I'm going to sing loudly and obnoxiously until I find something I like. I also really want to learn how to scream.
4. Learn how to take care of a house.
I figure learning how to take care of an house and yard is something that's important to do before I move out. Since I have so much more free time, I'm going to clean the house more, and hopefully learn something about how to have pretty grass. Also, I should probably cook more....
5. Learn to drive.
This one is also self-explanatory. I am 18 and don't have a driver's license.
6. Grow closer to God.
I no longer have the excuse of being out of time to not read my scriptures. This summer, I really want to strengthen my testimony and grow closer to the Lord. I'm starting the Book of Mormon over again, and maybe this time I can actually finish it!
So that's it! My summer goals list! That wasn't so painful, now was it? I really think these are obtainable goals that will acutally improve my life. :)
The song for the blog today... well, I have two. I've become absolutely addicted to these songs lately, and believe they need to be shared. If you're looking for something sweet and acoustic, I recomment "First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes. I've decided this song is being played at my wedding, and I'm just so in love with it! If you're in the mood for something a little more hardcore, I recommend "The Greatest Story Ever Told" by Ice Nine Kills. I've become incredibly addicted to this band, and just think they're fantastic... especially this song! Mmm :D
No comments:
Post a Comment