, So, everyone has guilty pleasures: those things that you secretly love but won't admit to anyone. Well, here are a few of mine:
Music: The first thing that comes to mind is Britney classics. Yes, I am a huge fan of ...Baby One More Time. It was the first CD I ever bought, and I still hold it dear to my heart. Some of my favorite Britney hits include "...Baby One More Time", "Oops! I Did it Again", "Everytime", and "Lucky". I also have a problem with listening to music that a white girl like me has no place listening to and pretending I'm a gangster. My top horrible fake gangster songs are "Lean Like a Cholo" by Down AKA Kilo, "Drink 'n My 2 Step" by Cassidy, and "Hustler's Anthem" by Busta Rhymes ft. T Pain. Lastly, I have a deep, passionate love for John Denver. My dad owns "John Denver's Greatest Hits" ( a three disc collection!), and I am guilty of frequently listening to all of it and singing along to most of it. I have so many more music guilty pleasures, basically because I have no shame when it comes to music. I just don't want you people to discredit me anymore than you already are.
Food: Well, I can't think of anything really too bad that I eat... my favorite thing ever is semi-sweet chocolate chips in a cup of milk. I eat it with a spoon, and it's fantastic cuz the chocolate is all hard and cold, and not dry! :D I guess another thing that I am actually embarrassed to admit is that my family likes Spam... a lot. I don't love it or anything, but I'll eat for breakfast it if it's cooked in a pan like bacon. Childhood memories, I guess? (Yeah, I know, judge me.)
Movies: Well, according to my sister, I have horrible taste in movies, and I don't exactly disagree with her. I'll watch mostly anything. However, I would say that Drive Me Crazy is definitely a guilty pleasure. Not only does it have a title derived from a Britney classic (I forgot to add that I love this one!), the acting's not that great, the plot is cliche, and it has an awkward ending. Regardless of all of this, Drive Me Crazy is one of my top five favorite movies ever. (Also, Adrian Grenier is incredibly hot in this movie.)
Books: Those of you who know me well know that I'm in love with Twilight. Don't ask me why: I know the writing's bad, and a lot of times Edward/Bella/Jacob are all incredibly creepy - what with wanting to suck each other's blood and having vampire babies and stalking into your girlfriend's bedroom and being a teenage werewolf...Still there's something about the series that has made me read it more than once and endure through the terrible movies. Another guilty pleasure of mine is the Confessions of Georgia Nicolsson series, or the "Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging" one. This series has absolutely no point and is about the most annoying fifteen-year-old girl in the world, but I read all 10 (yeah, TEN) books, and loved them. Don't ask me why, cuz I can't tell you.
Celebrities: I am a girl of many celebrity crushes, but I believe that most of them are in good taste. However, there are a few that I'll admit aren't attractive, but I still find them oddly hot. First of all, when I was younger, I had the biggest crush ever on Yu-Gi-Oh. Yep, a cartoon. I still think he's a little bit of a cutie, but don't worry, I don't want cartoon babies. The rest are all real people, I promise. Also carrying over from my childhood is a crush on Elijah Wood. I know he's really short and relatively unattractive, but there's just something about him, I don't know. Next is Matthew Broderick, but only in Ferris Beuller. He's not my type at all (I think he has a weird face and bad hair), but every time I watch the movie, I just want to jump on him! If it weren't for him, I probably wouldn't enjoy the movie nearly as much. Lastly, is Nate Ruess, the singer of The Format and fun. I saw him live once, and there was just something oddly alluring about him. He has very charismatic stage presence and was also wearing a very cute striped cardigan. That could've been it, but I secretly think he's oddly attractive as well.
Clothes: I only have two clothes guilty pleasures: wearing black and navy together and pantyhose. One of the basic fashion rules is never wear black and navy together-you'll look like a bruise. However, I really like them together and wear them all the time (with reasonable moderation). I also REALLY love pantyhose. You know, the ugly tan things with control top that business people and grandmas wear constantly? I love them! I'm constantly wearing them under jeans or wearing them instead of socks. I think they're super comfortable, and they keep you really warm.
TV: I don't watch TV... like, ever. But, I guess I have a guilty pleasure in The Bachelor. I love The Bachelor, and didn't miss an episode last season. I guess my love for The Secret Life of the American Teenager is a very guilty pleasure. It's honestly a really crappy show, but I can't stop watching it, I haven't missed an episode of this either. Lastly, I have a deep, fiery passion for Sabrina. You know, that show from the '90's with Melissa Joan Hart? I will proudly admit I've seen every episode at least twice, and am on the lookout for all the seasons on DVD.
So now you know my deep, dark secrets and have full right to judge me. But, before you do, think of your own guilty pleasures. Yeah, you're not so innocent yourself, are you? ;)
The song of the blog (unofficially) has to be "Guilty Pleasure" by Cobra Starship. However, the song I really wanted to share with you is "On Your Porch" by The Format. Everything by them is fantastic, and they've been my music obsession this week, but this is definitely my favorite song by them. The lyrics are great, and I love anything acoustic (and don't forget my secret crush on Nate. I love his voice!)
No comments:
Post a Comment